Skilled Drivers Position
Hiring Branch: Elite Anywhere Corp – Bronx, New York
Elite Anywhere Corp is now hiring skilled class A, B and C drivers for local routes out of our Bronx, NY distribution center. We specialize in final mile, white glove distribution of fine furniture. Experience in furniture moving is mandatory.
Standard routes will be daily, beginning and ending at our Bronx facility.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the efficient transportation and installation of product to customers in a manner and condition that meets customer and company requirements. Duties will include the delivery and installation of designer furniture to offices, warehouse locations and residential customers. Must maintain high safety standards and comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). Also responsible for timely reporting.
- Properly secures loads and ensures loads are within weight limits.
- Verifies counts and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Makes reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed.
- Assures that all equipment/product is safely loaded and securely transported.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reports into the dispatch office when completing a scheduled delivery and/or when delayed.
- Completes daily equipment (truck) maintenance logs, delivery, and driver logs.
- Verifies all customer documentation is complete and that all activity is reported accurately on the installation/driver’s form, and returns all paperwork to the office on a daily basis.
- Operates the truck/trailer units in a safe manner. Reports any vehicle problems and defects. Must comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and other standards and regulations. Maintains a good driving record.
- Assures that the truck/trailer unit is unloaded, well kept, and maintained.
- Abides and follows company safety policy and conducts all activities as safely as possible.
- Duties will include the delivery and installation designer furniture
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- CDL Class A, B, C
- At least 3 YEARS of driving tractor/trailers
- Safe driving record (No tickets/No Accidents)
- Ability to maneuver a vehicle in and out of tight spaces
- Positive attitude is a must
- Motivated and hard working
- Ability to lift 10lbs without assistance
- Attention to detail is a must
- Know how to load and Unload a truck
- Know how to pack a truck with furniture
- Know how to pad/blanket wrap furniture
- Great communication skills with customers & fellow employees
- Reliable transportation
Pay: $16 – $21/hr depending on experience
New Modern Equipment and Trucks supplied. Elite is an at-will employer.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Hiring Availability: IMMEDIATE
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you. We appreciate you giving us the time to review your application and not contacting the HR department directly.