Skilled Drivers Position
Hiring Branch: Elite Anywhere Corp – Carson, California
Elite Anywhere Corp is hiring skilled class A drivers for routes out of our Carson, CA distribution center. We specialize in final mile, white glove distribution of fine furniture.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the efficient transportation and installation of high touch furniture items to customers in a manner and condition that meets customer and company requirements. Duties will include the delivery and installation of designer furniture to offices, warehouse locations and residential customers. Must maintain high safety standards and comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- Properly secures loads and ensures loads are within weight limits.
- Verifies counts and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Makes reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed.
- Assures that all equipment/product is safely loaded and securely transported.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reports into the dispatch office when completing a scheduled delivery and/or when delayed.
- Completes daily equipment (truck) maintenance logs, delivery, and driver logs.
- Verifies all customer documentation is complete and that all activity is reported accurately on the installation/driver’s form, and returns all paperwork to the office on a daily basis.
- Operates the truck/trailer units in a safe manner. Reports any vehicle problems and defects. Must comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and other standards and regulations. Maintains a good driving record.
- Assures that the truck/trailer unit is unloaded, well kept, and maintained.
- Abides and follows company safety policy and conducts all activities as safely as possible.
- Duties will include the delivery and installation designer furniture
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- CDL Class A License
- At least 3 YEARS of commercial driving experience
- No serious moving violations such as a DUI, reckless driving or preventable accidents during the past five years.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a positive, efficient manner with customers, co-workers, and dispatch/managers.
- Possess working knowledge of FMCSA Safety Regulations, including Hours of Service, the effects of fatigue and logbooks.
- Positive attitude is a must as well as be motivated and hard working
- Ability to maneuver a vehicle in and out of tight spaces
- Ability to lift 10lbs without assistance
- Attention to detail is a must
- Know how to load and Unload a truck
- Know how to pack a truck with furniture
- Know how to pad/blanket wrap furniture
- Great communication skills with customers & fellow employees
- Reliable transportation
Pay: $165 – $240/day depending on experience
New Modern Equipment and Trucks supplied. Elite is an at-will employer.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Hiring Availability: IMMEDIATE
Please fill out the form below and we will contact you. We appreciate you giving us the time to review your application and not contacting the HR department directly.